Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My informal opinion on Wikileaks and Julian Assange

Would like to write something about the wikileaks fiasco, but lacks time and fears that when he has time, the story will no longer be in the media, so I'll write a short summary.

Julian Assange mediated the release of documents of powerful organizations. These documents reveal things which have made those institutions seem less credible. He's in jail for having consensual sex where a condom broke (but Dick Cheney shoots someone in the face and walks free).

How does this make sense?

Julian Assange may be a criminal for releasing confidential information, but I'm not going to moralize and I'm not a legal expert, but I don't want to see him go to jail. This is because I'd like to know what all these huge organizations are hiding.

No comments: